Heh. I said "duty".
Anyway, I just finished reading The Shack. And I'm glad it's over. I can't say I'm surprised that there's so many people calling it "powerful and revolutionary." "Powerful" comes from its highly emotional content, if you like that kind of thing. "Revolutionary" I have a bit more difficulty with, since it doesn't really present anything that I hadn't come to myself back in high school/college when I was still trying to convince myself I believed in God and tried to reconcile the contradictions for myself. It still falls short of succeeding in that in my view, but the main character does say "damn" a couple times and "son of a bitch" once. So I'll give it that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You said Duty and it sounds like Doodie cuz they're Homophones. (Ha, I said Homophones.)
The word Doodie makes me think of the Sarah Silverman Show. And Sarah Silverman makes me think of, well, ME.
Doodie Fulfilled would have suggested a whole different kind of blog post. And one I probably wouldn't have read.
Your mom suggested a book that included the word Damn? Holy Shit, dude.
What are you reading next?
Next is The Tao of Pooh.
You said Pooh.
Post a Comment